Her’es a great article from the Everett Herald about the recent donation of a piano to Everett High School:
With the delivery this morning (August 30th) of four musical instruments:
- a French horn to Shoreline Public Schools and
- two violins and a French horn to Everett Public Schools
Music4Life has delivered 286 ready-to-play instruments since Sept. 1, 2016 to our participating schools/school districts and doubled its productivity from last year (2015-2016).
When asked how that can happen, all we can say is:
- We benefited from new ads that began appearing in Encore Media Group publications (Seattle Symphony, Seattle Opera, Pacific NW Ballet and about a dozen others) starting February
- We added a new program, Everett Public Schools, that has a very active Booster Club and received at least 90 of those 286 instruments
- We benefited from some management changes that clarified and simplified our processes
Music4LifeTM is starting a new program to provide ready-to-play musical instruments to students attending Everett Public Schools. The announcement comes from Dr. Gary Cohn, Everett Superintendent, and David Endicott, President/COO of Music4Life.
“We’re delighted to launch this new partnership with Music4Life for our kids in the Everett Public Schools,” Superintendent Cohn says. “As we re-establish strings at our elementary schools and a full orchestra program in the district, and we continue to seek ways to make our remarkable band programs accessible to children whose families cannot afford instruments, Music4Life comes to our aid. The Music4Life folks will make it possible for many more of our students to gain the thrill of fully participating in a band or orchestra without worrying about where they will get an instrument. Bravo to David Endicott and the Music4Life team!”
Music4Life is on the lookout for a Baby Grand piano for Superintendent Gary Cohn of Everett Public Schools. “We’ll put it to good use,” Dr. Cohn says. Please let us know if you know someone willing to donate a Baby Grand by calling 206-409-3275.